lesco mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Trav, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Trav

Trav LawnSite Member

I'm looking into the lesco 48" wb hydro and a 60" Z rider. they look like they are well made and they seam to drive fine. I'm new to the commercial mowing business so its hard to tell what to get and the price seams really good. Does anyone have exp with how they cut and if they are better than the older models which some people dont like? There is also a grasshopper dealer here and they dont seam to be better but they are alot more money. Oh I have 23 church propertys around 10-25k sqft and 4 fields around 1 1/2 - 3 acres. thanks for any help.

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I looked at some Lesco equipment yesterday, its looks to be very well made. Although I have not had any experience with Lesco from what I have heard they build the products very well.

3. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search on Lesco mowers first and see what that brings you. Most people thought that Lesco mowers were crap but are now realizing that they aren't so bad.

4. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have no personal experiance with lesco but i know another L.C.O that has been in business for 9 years and all he uses is exmark z mowers and lesco walkbehinds.Hope this helps

5. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I currently use a 48" lesco hydro walk behind with a two wheel sulky from lesco and am very happy with the product

6. Santa

Santa LawnSite Member

We have three Lesco W.B.'s with Lot's of hour's on them with no problems. All are older machines, 6 to 8 yrs. old. They are maintained regularly. Replacement item's have included blade belt's, (once a year) a couple of idler pulley's, one set of blade spindle's, filter's, and two base gasket's on the kawasaki motors We paint our mower's every winter to keep them looking good. Again, these machine's have thousand's of hour's on them.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Does this look familiar?

cub tank 60.jpg

8. Envy Lawn Service

How about this?

cub wb fd.jpg

9. Envy Lawn Service

Or this? Just a horse of a different color don't you think? Lesco has way way better pricing though!!!

cub wb fixed.jpg

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Cub comm. M-60 tank, and a 48"w/b hydro, which are the same thing, both work great for me. I will be probably be getting the lesco z2 60" this spring, they are about 1300 cheaper, my cub dealer can't figure how they sell them so much cheaper than he can. He says that price is lower then he can buy a cub. He told me he can't blame me for buying lesco. I am very pleased with the cubs that I own. Also you don't have to buy or make a striping roller for them, they come standard with it, the tank ztr's anyways.