Lesco mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Countrysidelawncare, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Countrysidelawncare

Countrysidelawncare LawnSite Member

I am looking into purchasing a 48" lesco walkbehind. Anyone ever used them or know much about them?

2. sawdust

sawdust LawnSite Member

I have a 36" belt like it ok. Also have a 54" viper also has been ok. Most of all I like Lesco's price. Have not had a problem with either mower. Hope this helps.

3. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

decent quality, low price. I personally don't like them too much, The controls seem weird. You feel it after 8 hours of operation. I think they are about the least expensive commercial quality machine you can buy. They are also a rebadged Cud cadet.

4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Its the only brand ill buy they are good solid machines.

lesco and scag are the same machine

5. kenslandscaping

kenslandscaping LawnSite Member

Just got back from the lesco dealer today and asked many of the same questions. Lesco mowers are made by the same company that makes the cub cadet, but are built to lesco standards, not cub cadet. The only mower that is the same is the zero turn that cub cadet rebadges. Scag is a completely different animal all together.

I have three bobcat mowers and one one wright stander, however i am looking at a lesco 48 myself. The high points seem to be the fact that they have tapered roller bearings in the spindles and no electric clutch to replace. Solid front casters are also a nice feature. Looks like a good solid mower to me, and the new 15 hp Kwi motor redesigned from the old 430v looks to be an improvement over the old plastic cover that would trap the clippings under the cover and block the cooling fins causing overheating and engine failure.

I'm gonna get one once the weather turns here in Chicago.

Ken

6. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco and scag are both two waaay different machines, it is Cub cadet and Lesco that are the same.

kendlandscaping.... Their walk behinds are also rebadged Cub cadets, identical...not just their ZTR

7. kenslandscaping

that is not the case. lesco mowers are manufactured to their standards. they look the same as they did five years ago, however lesco just sold their mower division last summer.

8. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Compare the lesco parts to the scag parts they are the same .

9. kenslandscaping

Lesco and scag are most definately are not even close.

I agree that in one form or another, the cub cadet walk behinds are just like the lesco, whether it be lesco's design or not.

10. kenslandscaping

Scags run cast iron spindles, lesco runs aluminum. Deck design is different, i.e. advantage deck.