1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco Or Andersons(scotts) Spreader??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by msuturfgrad, Feb 15, 2006.

1. msuturfgrad

msuturfgrad LawnSite Member

Which One Of These Would You Buy If You Had Your Choice? The Difference In Money For Me Is Only About $30.00
  2. lawnman79

lawnman79 LawnSite Member

I've used lesco and have always been happy with it.
  3. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

been using lesco for over 20 yrs. they are hard to beat
  5. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have used both as well as many others over the years. All I am willing to say is... I have been using Anderson's for the past two years. For the past two years, my lawns are healthier than they have ever been. Part of this can be attributed to some changes I made in the analysis. I really like the smaller prill size of the Anderson's products as well as the flexibility in analysis.
  6. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

depends if you want a spreader that throw's most of it's product to one side or not? if want that then get the lesco, if you want a spreader that has an equal throw to each side, throws product further (wide swath) and one that you dont have to throw back to your tracks with, then get the anderson. i have many of MILLIONS of square feet on mine (andersons SR2000) and it has yet to fail. i will say that i use my old lesco for spreading salt on walk ways, seems to have just enough to make it to each side with out getting it in the grass.
  7. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

why am i having a hard time finding this anderson sr2000 on the internet.

i can't find anything on it
  8. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Geez... I feel silly. I re-read the post and realize you were talking about the spreader. My response was based on the fertilizer.

I have never used anything other than the LESCO spreader. Therefore, I have no opinion.
  9. HydroRI

HydroRI LawnSite Member

10. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member