Lesco or Scotts Weed & Feed

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by fatboy5803, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

TimTurf

First Time is shame on you second time is shame on me. However that is not always the case. Sometimes we must grin and bare it.

Below is a link to a thread here on Lawnsite. Tremor, who works for Lesco as an outside salesman, used to post here quite often. He posted a lot of good info. Much of the info was Lesco Product favorable of course. I used to give him Hail all the time and even had him calling himself “Professor Snake Oil”. I may have fallen on my sword and driven him away since he has only posted once or twice after the below Link.

Groundskper and I talk on the phone from time to time and often AOL each other. He is one of the good guys and very knowledgeable. He doesn't buy from Lesco either but made a post about taking a new guy in his area to the local Lesco branch and getting him started. After reading this I called him. He point out that most of the member don't have the Education or experience that you (TimTurf) do and Lesco was at least a place where they might get started. Therefore as much as I hate Lesco's prices and business practices I must back off because they do serve a need. I would rather see the new guys go to Lesco than Scotts since Scotts has now bought out Centrex L&O. They are using their name to put the little guy out of business. The more we use Scott the more we re enforce their Brand Name and give them working capital to put us under. Scotts is now just another True Green.

Tremor and Lesco Thread

2. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Have any of you checked into liquid weed control? It's going to be
    much more cost effective than any weed an feed, and the ability
    to spot treat, makes it even better. Yes, it adds another step
    to the process, but it will reduce your costs per acre dramatically.

Some people will bill this as a seperate treatment on it's own!

Safer, more effective, and as a spot treament, more environmentally friendly.