Lesco Permagreen Synergy Sprayer Problem

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LushGreenLawn, May 29, 2007.

1. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Does anyone have the Synergy Sprayer? If so, have you run into a problem where the pump stops the Spreader Disk from turning? (I'm talking about the thing that throwes the fertilizer out, I don't know what its called).

If so what did you do to fix it?

Thanks,
    Charles

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Call the number on your manual that will get you in touch with the people in Ohio.

Then get on over to tech support.
    They should be able to help you out with that.

How much is that thing if you don't mind me asking?
    I just saw them in the Lesco mag last week.

Did you get the spot sprayer or the other one?
    The other one interests me...

3. LushGreenLawn

I got the one designed for blanket apps. I paid $350 for it, $350 for the lesco spreader. I just started fertilizing and weed control this year, and the granular weed control just wasen't cutting it. I only have around 15 lawns to fert and squirt, so it was not worth it to buy a spray rig. This should last me until I get enough customers to need somethng bigger

4. LushGreenLawn

Also,

I contacted Ohio first, but the tech guy had just left, I figured I'd make the post just to see if I could get a quick answer.

5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

check and make sure one of the cotter pins hasn't broke. there is 1 on the wheel through the axle and another pin through the spinner platter. they usually break at least once a year, more when the humidity is high!

6. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

i work @lesco and put one on a spreader for display purposes.
    i have worked in the service side for 20 yrs and have alot of knowledge on lesco spreaders.... that said the part that "throws the fert" is the impellar
    here is the parts list for the spreader
    http://www.lesco.com/NoCompression/GetData.aspx?Type=ProdResource&ID=417&.pdf
    might have to cut and paste
    try to tell me more and i will do my best to help
    what exactly is stopping the impellar from turning

7. LushGreenLawn

Thanks for the replys guys. The thing that was stoping the impeller from turning was the pump on the synergy spreader I installed.

I got a call from Pat at permagreen, and he told me that the new lesco spreaders are slightly different than before. Not noticible if your not looking for it, but the frame is bent differently by a very small amount. He has been getting alot of calls like mine. Turns out the solution was to bend the bracket that the pump is mounted to with a pipe wrench, just enough to clear the impeller and make the drive wheel make contact with the spreader wheel. Problem solved, sprayer works great!

8. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Great! those look like a great idea. too bad I bought the battery powered one last year. it works great too but now I want the new model.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds perfect!

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have the Ztwo spreader/sprayer rig myself.
    But geeze ya know?... That's a lot of beans for an occasional use piece, and the trends are showing me the fert-N-squirt is in decline right now, so...

Anyways... how wide a swath do you get out of it?

10. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

i had to grind away a bunch of steel on its bracket to get mine to even fit.
    its no where near the spinning disk that throws fert tho. just adgust it or move it.. the only thing that matters is that it touches the wheel.

shouldnt be a big deal...