Lesco powered spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Keegan, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Anyone own one if these? I'm looking to purchase one soon.
  2. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

do you mean there electric broadcast spreader?
  3. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Greenside!! Im not to far from you actually.Good to see more local people on here. I run the walk behind Z-spray spreader+sprayer combo unit. Dont know which lesco unit you are talking about?
  4. mnturfmaster

mnturfmaster LawnSite Member

i have one of the lesco stand on spreaders. called the hp spreader. without the sprayer. is that the one your talking about?
  5. Decali

Decali LawnSite Member

What is your opinion of this machine? Looks good to me and the fact that the price keeps going up seems to indicate good demand.
  6. mnturfmaster

mnturfmaster LawnSite Member

it is a decent machine if your just looking to fert and not spray. the price is right that's for sure. have had a few problems. nut and bolt for hopper opening cable fell out while fertilizing. had to reach down and turn opening adjustment dial to close while driving so i wouldn't stop and spill fert. idler puller for belt fried up on me last fall. luckily i was in the shop getting ready to load into trailer when it went otherwise would have been stranded in the field. cost about $45 to replace myself. otherwise a pretty good machine. i would definately buy another
  7. turfmastergrass

turfmastergrass LawnSite Member

i have several lesco spreader from the r-80 push to the hydro walk behind and the hp ride-on. Having an issue with all three, they all throw heavy to the right! If you run some lime thru it on a concrete surface no matter what you do (third hole open or closed) they all throw heavy to the right. Now if you follow the prescribe spread pattern (perimeter first then staggered fill) you will end up with uneven fert, which of course will lead to striping. Any one else having this prob?
  8. jonlavonne

jonlavonne LawnSite Member

I have used them for many years and have the same prob. Adjusting the third hole closed seems to help, but it is frustrating!
  9. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Are you talking about the truckster electric spreader?

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

I have a lesco hps ride on spreader for sale dont need it anymore got me a permagreen magnum. Less than a year old.