lesco pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dldonnelly, Feb 20, 2002.

1. dldonnelly

dldonnelly LawnSite Member
    from ga

Yesterday I went to my local lesco dealer to purchase some Pre-emergent 007. He said the price was $21.95. I informed him that that Home Cheepo was selling it for $14.95. Even though im new to lawncare i didnt see any difference in th product or was this just a sales rep trying to get over on me. I would also like to thank you for all your help i've learned alot.

Thanks
    Dwayne

2. JSMLAWNCARE

JSMLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

The samething happen to me last year. My rep's explained to me the products Lesco makes for Home Depot are made and marketed for the homeowner. I was told the products that are made for Home Depot don't cover as many sq feet. Also it is made more consumer friendly... It's harder to damage a yard with Home Depot products. I believe my Rep's. They haven't steered me wrong yet... I'm going to there open house tomorrow.

Jim M

3. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

What you need to look at is the square footage one bag covers. Look at the strength numbers, and especially the urea nitrogen content. I'm willing to bet the urea percentage is much higher in the product actually bought from Lesco.

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

when I worked at home cheapo a few years ago there was a partnership between the two.

the products were supposed to be the same at both places.

but you could take one look and know that the lesco seed and fert at HD was old as the hills. and at lesco, their stuff just came off of the truck. good stuff!

you should be able to compare labels and decide if it's the same stuff or not.

GEO