Lesco Pro Trim for Turf

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ed2hess, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Has anybody used this product on St Augustine and burmuda and weeds. I was thinking about using it along/under my fences to slow gowth.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Ed

I believe you are asking about Lesco's version of PRIMO a growth regulator. Lesco's search Engine is Messed up IMHO and when I search for Lesco Pro Trim I can not find it. Fact is unless you have a product number it is hard to find any thing on Lesco's website.

Primo is a great product and I use it in the heavy growing season to keep all turf from growing too high. It redirects growth and helps fill in niches and slow down weed regrowth in bare areas. Weak turf will benefit from Primo the most as long as enough water and fertilizer are also present.

3. shaneb

shaneb Inactive

This is a private label of a product called Florel. It is used a little in production ornamentals for branching and maybe in some other markets to affect fruiting. I don't think it would be a good product for what you are trying to do. Primo or Cutless would be the two products for this use today. SePRO will have a granular product designed specifically for this use in the future.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It is 21% Ethephonl(2-chloroethyl phosphonic acid) if that helps.