1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco Prosecutor

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SouthernYankee, Feb 20, 2006.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

My father in law enjoys doing all of his own Landscaping and since I do not do fert. he decided to go down to Lesco and bought that huge jug of prosecutor. He didnt ask the salesman about how much to mix and we started to look over that manual( or should I call it a book) about mixing.

Anyways long story short, I know you guys in the fert. biz know from experiance what is the best mix for basic weeds in flower beds along with weeds in his rock boarders.

How much prosecutor should he use to mix with a 3 gallon sprayer? Thanks for your help.
  2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

It's on the directions , dude .
    If we are talking 41 % glyfosate as the A.I. , then I mix 2oz per gal
  3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I like to mix it strong and spray it light! 4oz per gal
  4. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Read The Label
  5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

the label is a bit different in that it gives a rate per square foot, and not a rate per gal like the roundup label. but any were from 1oz(for over teh top apps) to 4oz at the high end.
  6. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

I buy in granular mix and on the cap it has line that measures 1.5oz to one gallon. Easy cheesy.
  7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I go 2-4 oz/gal deepending on what type of weeds & grass I'm spraying. 4 oz/ gal will take out about anything.
    GreenCare Services likes this.
  8. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the help, I will relay the info.