Lesco Red Zone

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Curtis, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Curtis

Curtis LawnSite Member

Anybody ever used the broadleaf weed killer Red Zone from Lesco , they were out of the 3 Way Esther I've been using .

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Redzone resembles Speedzone. It worked fine for me, last year.

3. DITCHDIGGIN

DITCHDIGGIN LawnSite Member

Good stuff, especially for this time of the year. Be careful if it gets into the 70's for temperature.

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do you have to be careful if temps. go into the 70's ???

5. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

the Ester's have an alcohol base and with warmer temps the drying vapors can have a adverse effect on surrounding vegetation. Personally i'd be concerned in the 80's not so much in the 70's.

6. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Actually..I have found Redzone to be a less than ideal product. For starters..its a bit on the weak side. (compared to Trimec) Secondly you cant add a sticker to it like you can with trimec. Seems to wear off quickly. Results are pretty quick with ground ivy and clover...however I have found overdosing neccessary on occasion (in cool weather). I dont mean to say trimec or Redzone as much as ester vrs amine base.

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that kind of reminds me of a product i tryed called shutout. it was made by pbi gordon FOR Helena chemical my supplier. it was a three way with carfentrazone. i found it to be less than ideal myself . it just did not kill all the weeds, through tank and handcan spraying at max rate and decent weather and growing conditions. dissapointing maybe on purpose, but i will still to the big boys for weed control. i like PBI GOrdon alot and am gong to try a few new ones this next season