Lesco renovator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mowtime, Apr 26, 2006.

1. mowtime

mowtime LawnSite Member

I have a chance to buy a lesco renovator for $600.00, Motor runs rough and needs replacing is that price too high in your opinions. New they are 3000.00, everything else is fine. Thank you for your input

2. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

It's an ok price if the engine is the only problem. Parts can get expensive real quick on these machines. Is it a Honda or Kawasaki engine?

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

all they need is a run of the mill 8hp kawi motor which can't be too bad to pick one up (new or used). I have a renovator and it does great work, The only parts that need to be replaced typically is the belt and the knives. I would buy it in a heartbeat. Someone on here had a machine shop make up a set of knife blades out of barstock and said he got much better life out of the knives.

4. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Double the money and buy a new seeder from Turfco (Turfco.com). A used machine is just that USED... How much is a new engine? new blades, belts, wheels etc and your labor and grief worth. Would you buy a old pickup, then start shopping for engines and seats etc. If you want to make money with your equipment get good quality equipment, maintain it and it will pay for itself.

5. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

on that tuffco site,it doesnt say is their seeder is self propelled or not.

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I have one and made a couple thousand in one day with it. I would jump on it at that price. even if it needed knives $75 bearings $45 a belt and a new engine its still a steal

7. somo1

somo1 LawnSite Member

I would definitely buy it, I have one and it works wonderful. Self-propelled and pulls itself up hills great. I'd have to agree the only thing about them that wears is the belts and knives. But that will happen with any slit-seeder. The renovator is the best seeder on the market, built heavy and is very reliable.