1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lesco Riders vs. Exmark Riders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by new lawn, Aug 31, 2000.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Let's see. An Exmark or a Viper; A truck or a Volkswaggon.

2. Turf Kutter

Turf Kutter LawnSite Member

That`s what I love about this forum it is more like a vote with everyone replying.Now you see the differences.It looks go with Exmark.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Fireman is correct, made by MTD and we know what that means. My Lesco tried to sell me one when I bought my Great Danes, great choice. Exmark v/s Lesco mowers: Exmark.................Exmark v/s Great Dane, now that's another story! :D

[Edited by KirbysLawn on 09-01-2000 at 04:29 PM]

4. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

It's like comparing a dodge to a diahatsu.... I used to run a lesco w/b when I worked for a 5 years ago. It wasn't too bad but it seems like the new ones have gotten worse. I've run the viper also and they sit so high and are very bumpy. We currently run exmark. So there's my vote too!!

Mike
    Greenkeepers

5. sunrise

sunrise Banned

reply to Lawrence stone
    structural problems 3 monthinto using frame broke into just below the seat Had it weilded and it broke on the right side of wheel giving the rider a wild ride spindles replaced all of them the machine is a joke Lesco gave me 2000.00 and told me to keep it they were afraid I would change chemical supplier

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Sunrise: Your the second one I have heard of that had one and they did a buy out on it. At least they didn't stiff you guys. :)

7. Sunrise is the quality of cut good with that 60" stamped deck? And what went wrong with the spindles?

8. J MAN

J MAN LawnSite Member

My Exmark is awesome. At first I had a problem with the seat cut off switch, but that was fixed and I have never had a problem yet. And the dealer gave me a loaner to use while mine was in the shop, and just to give you and idea about pricing. I paid $6300 (includes tax) for my 99 Exmark Lazer Zhp 48" it was 3 months old and had 48 hours on it, and the warranty came with it.

9. sunrise

sunrise Banned

cut was good
    spindles 1)frooze up no grease plug 2&3 just fell apart sleeves in one was cracked the other was shorter than all of the others

10. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have tried them both in the past. I bought an Exmark!! Exmark is a far better piece of equipment. Lesco may be cheaper but you will pay eventually.