Lesco sale on 06-07 Z twos

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dave k, Aug 21, 2007.

1. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got my flier from Lesco, they have a special on a 54" with 23 hp Kaw for 6099, plus a free cup holder and light kit, not a bad deal, also have a 60" with 25 Kaw hp for 6399 and finally a 48" 19 hp for 5799.
    On the 07 models a
    48" for 6599
    54" 6899
    72" 8699 with a 37 hp Generac engine.
    I wonder what the difference is from the 06 to 07 models?
    Dave

2. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

That 60" sounds like a good deal.....how are lesco products

3. mikegbuff

mikegbuff LawnSite Member

I was told the difference in 06 and 07 is 07 has rollbars, better seat, and controls in more user-friendly location....not sure those things are worth an extra $1,000 to me.

4. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Biglag
    Read Envys post, he swears by them.

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Those are tha same as Cub Commercial "Tanks", but they have green paint.
    Lesco will be dumping all of their "Lesco/Cub" machines so they can start selling the J.D. machines. Parts will not be a problem, as any Cub dealer can get you parts for your Lesco machine.

6. HS Football Rules

HS Football Rules LawnSite Member

LOL C'mon dude want to substantiate that claim?
    You could very well be correct...but a little fact mixed in with
    opinion would be cool....ya know?

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i would not buy any lesco mower at any price till this gets straightned out-will there be parts support or not?

8. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll second that.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Just for the record, so far I have seen no change in anything, except John Deere Landscapes being added to a few things.... But that is so far...

Also, just for the record, Lesco sold their interest in CTP (who builds the equipment) some time ago. Part of the transaction included a supply contract for equipment and parts. I think that was a 5 year deal, and I would have to dig into my notes to see how far into that period it already is.... Then there was the more recent agreement with Everride for the Danes...

But in the end, who knows what will change, what contracts will be renewed, etc...

Frankly I don't know and frankly I am not worried about parts for the machines being sold. Like I told someone else, you might have to pay that normal dealer hiked-up price for parts, but you can get them at any Cub Commercial dealer.

I would hate to see it come to this, but my guess is that Deere WILL want to move in their landscape equipment eventually, and I look for it to happen... unless they are afraid it will pizz of their dealerships.

If service stays as it has been for me at Lesco, but they drop the lines, and I do not find a good Cub dealer, I guess I will at least demo the 7-Iron II.

10. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Anyone have any real world experience with the 72" Lesco or Cub?