1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco Seed????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turf13, Jul 6, 2001.

1. turf13

turf13 LawnSite Member

I have been very satisfied with the service and products from Lesco? I am in NE Ohio and the one guy I work with primarily has been outstanding . I was buying off of a local competitor but I feel that Lesco fertilizer has gotten better results.But how is their seed? I have heard good things but I have never tried it . Please help!:confused:
  2. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

I seed almost 100% turf type tall fescue, and I have reall good results with Lesco's TRANSITION BLEND. I use it almost exclusively, but I do have a few clients that insist upon using the REBEL products.
    I don't see much difference if any. I have great germination rate with the Trans. blend, there is very little weed content, and the price is right too.
    Bill Craig:cool:
  3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used Green Valley Turf Farms Pro II & Valley Mix with good
    results. Kevin at Lesco asked me to give their seed a try so I did.
    It is priced about the same as Green Valley's seed and I have had
    some real nice looking turf useing Lesco's N.E. Ohio seed mix. Lesco products (i.e fertilizer, herbicides, etc.) have also given me great
    results. turf13 I would feel confident useing their seed. ED
  4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I'm same as Bill, I like the transition blend also, much better drought tolerant than Rebel in my opinion.

5. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco Transition Blend is great. Real good green color.

last year I bought only the Gold bend. I couldnt tell any difference
    between the two. I dont think its worth the price upgrade.
  6. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

I used a lot of the gold blend last fall, with no noticeable difference. I will stay with the transition blend this year, and save some money on seed.
    Bill Craig:cool:
  7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Not trying to start a brand war here, but I did see the funniest thing last month. A Scott's lawncare guy was buying stuff from Lesco! :laugh:

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

no one mentioned eagle blend plus blue.....whats the difference?
  9. turf13

turf13 LawnSite Member

Thanks for your help everyone! I was hoping for a few more "regional"responses namely about their blues&ryes.I wasn't expecting any local response{ejk2352}!! I appreciate all past and future responses.
  10. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco good stuff Maynard!!:D