Lesco Seeds and ferts. Are they good?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by UGA, Mar 12, 2002.

1. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco seeds and ferts. Good? or Just ok? My buddy is very excited with the service he is getting at our local Lesco dealer in Nashville and I am going down there to talk to them soon but I was wondering what kind of success anybody here has had with their products. Their spreaders and aerators seem to be about the best available but I don't know much about their seed and fertilizers.
    Also if some of you guys have had great success using other products please feel free to tell me about them. Thanks!!

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using LESCO fescue seed and fertilizer for a few years. I like it. I recently tried another companies that offered me a better price. In the next few weeks I'll find out how his seed was, but I don't like the fertilizer. Lesco was actually cheaper on fertilizer and a much better quality. I think I will probably go back to LESCO exclusively. I just like the quality I get from them.

3. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Anytime I think about using anyone other than Lesco, I check my temperature. ;)

4. Shawn Burns

Shawn Burns LawnSite Member
    from N.C.

I tried Lesco a few years ago, but didn't like their customer service. It seemed like they didn't want to help me since i wasn't buying 3 or 4 pallets of fert..
    I have been using Lebanon products for the last 3 years and have been very happy with them. They have a wide range of fert., pre-m, post-m,fungicides,insecticides,seed' and about anything else you might need.
    I think their web site is www.lebturf.com

5. huskertaz

huskertaz LawnSite Member

I have been using LESCO for the past 4 years and I am very happy with their products. Their seeds are really great and I have had great success with the emergence of the seeds. I really like their dwarf compact tall fescue which actually looks like Kentucky Bluegrass. Thier fertilizer is great and prices are very competitive.

6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i am very happy with the results i get out of their fert. products

7. tjg

tjg LawnSite Member

:blob3: I can only comment on the customer service because this is my first year to do business w/ them. The service is great, today I just bought my first Lesco spreader and fertilizer w/ Pre-m today. The only other thing I can say is I wish I could have found them earlier.

8. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

been a customer of Lesco for 10 years. i OWN A 52 Lesco w/b,

have no complaints. Ed. :blob4:

9. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

our local lesco's are great and the same for the products. the transition blend tall fescue is the best seed i have found. had a customer last summer who never watered, the lawn finally was brown and crisp, after we started getting rain it came right back full and green.