lesco selling out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gonecuttinggrass, Apr 8, 2007.

1. gonecuttinggrass

gonecuttinggrass LawnSite Member

did john deere buy lesco so they would have a good commercial mower?

2. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

John derres bottom line is money, they make some good products and some bad ones like most companies. I would take a 797 over a z2 so I would say no.

3. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

I E-mailed Lesco A Few Weeks Ago About This, They Said There In Discussion To Sell To Jd But Its Not A Done Deal Till Maybe July. But Its Probably Gonna Happen.

4. wacaweed

wacaweed LawnSite Member

I got a letter in the mail a few weeks ago from JD and Lesco stating that it had already happened and that everything should still stay the same for now until the changeover is complete.

5. wacaweed

wacaweed LawnSite Member

oh and I have a z2 and it blows the JD away hands down:cool2:

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It did happen It is a done deal. The transfer won't take place for awhile. Now, as far as the mower end of the deal,...the machines have very little to do with it. It is John Deere Landscapes, a division of JD that has purchased Lesco Inc. The mowers will basically begone from the stores altogether. They will still continue to carry much of the turf equipment lineup, such as aerators, slitseeders, and such, but the mowing end will essentially be gone.

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

The deal is highly likely but not final. No one knows what will happen at this point. Lesco may continue to operate as usual but you may find some cross marketing.

Even JDL does not carry John Deere Equipment because that is sold through franchise dealers.

8. gonecuttinggrass

i also run a z2 great mower

9. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

You mean this could be the end of the Z2 ? I think I am going to cry :cry: :cry: Boo Hooo Hooo

10. gonecuttinggrass

if its end for the z2 dont cry the tank is the same thing but about 1000.00 more