1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lesco skid sprayer worth???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by woodlawnservice, Jan 10, 2013.

1. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at buying a used 300 gal Medco skid... has 8hp Honda, electric reel with hose (hose looks faded).. looks like a diaphragm pump... I know tank has 2 compartments in it.... looks like a mechanical mixer... hasn't been used in 5 yrs... what should I look for to be wrong with skid? Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

For the right price yes. If equipment was left out side in cold temps it could have a cracked pump that is the most fragile part:waving:
  3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Bearings and seals on mechanical agitation shafts can be hard to find and a biatch to replace. I'd keep that in mind.
    I passed on an old fiberglass turtle shell tank/sprayer with mechanical agitation a few years back because I already had enough "projects" around here.
  4. woodlawnservice

What would u say right price is.... there's a lot of unknown with this unit as its on cg. It couple hour drive so if I go I wanna buy it... he's asking $800 but said he'd make me a killer deal....
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds Ok--nice setup if you need to use prodiamine, wettable powders, melting fert or need mechaincal agitation for another reason. A photograph should show stains where it leaks out of the seals--if it leaks. Faded hose is not unusual. Leaking reel swivel is common. Costs about $75.
    Could you call the guy and ask him to start it up...while you listen on the phone? Can he email you a short video of it operating and not leaking? Showing the pressure maintaining 100 pounds pressure--maybe 150 pounds to be sure. Spraying into a bucket? You need to hear and see electric reel work.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  6. Biogreen

Biogreen LawnSite Member

great rig. a must buy
  7. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Road trip!
  8. woodlawnservice

Ill def make the trip if its worth it.... the pump is a hypro d50.. would I n better off if the tank leaks or the mechanical mixer has problems, just getting a new plastic tank?? And do jet agitation... also he said the pump is 580 paid at 500 rpm.... that's super high.... can this be throttled or turned down.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Pump pressure can be reduced by adjusting the pressure regulator valve--no problem--excess flow just goes back to the tank. Agitation shaft seals can usually be restored just by greasing them and tightening the packing nuts.
  10. woodlawnservice

Your opinion... with all the unknowns of his unit.... is it worth $600
    Posted via Mobile Device