Lesco space saver (200 gal) dimensions & pics in truck

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by yardprospraying, Aug 16, 2006.

1. yardprospraying

yardprospraying LawnSite Member

I have been searching for pics and dimensions of the space saver sprayer, and haven't found much. I was interested in purchasing one and putting it in a 3/4 short bed chevy. I currently use a space saver from banko mfg out of Fl. and the tank sits up so high you can't see out of the back window.

Is there much room for fert or backpacks behind spraying. Also any pics would be appreciated. I did search on dimensions but no luck. I live 95 miles from nearest lesco so it's hard just to go look at one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

2. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 200 gal. space saver in my 2500 chevy. It's a long box, but as a point of reference, I have set a pallet of fert in the bed behind the sprayer. If you figure a pallet is generally about 4', then you'll have about 2' behind your sprayer for your supplies in a short box. I'll see if I can gather up a picture in the next day or so. I may have one laying around. Hope this helps, Marc
    p.s. You can see over the top of the sprayer in the mirror. Not great, but you can see some.

3. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I have a regular 200 gallon Lesco sprayer. Fits nicely in the back of my Chevy 2500. I have the short bed and have room to stand up my back pack sprayers in between the tailgate and the sprayer frame. I normally slide bags of fert along the sides of the sprayer and mount my broadcast spreader on the hitch caddy.

I'll try to post a pic soon.

Brian

4. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

5. Greg Amann

Greg Amann LawnSite Member

Here are pics of one of our rigs. It is a 200 gallon space saver we bought from GNC in Sebring. They bought out Banko several years ago. We have been using it for the last 8 months and we're very happy with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Greg Amann

Greg Amann LawnSite Member

7. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

8. yardprospraying

yardprospraying LawnSite Member

Called lesco today, they don't even have exact dimensions. Guess they are too busy to measure the sprayer and tell me. I guess I'll drive an hour and a half to find out for myself!

He did tell me you could see out of the back window on the truck where the tank was. I'll try to post some pics of one of the sprayers we are currently using (if I can figure out how to post-em). Thanks to all who have replied, looking forward to more comments.

9. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

You can see out the back, but there is a significant blind spot that will fit a car and a half. I have my spare tire between the sprayer and cab so I have some storage in front and my back packs accesible from the tailgate.

[​IMG]

10. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

How many bags can you fit in the back if you have a long bed?