Lesco space saver

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Hogjaw, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

Have replaced low oil sensing unit on the Kawasaki engine 2X already on a 2 year old.

Is this typical?

Don't get me wrong, I like the designed intent, but ............ M is getting old.

2. CLC03

CLC03 LawnSite Member

I have had a space saver for 2 years and I noticed a problem with the oil sensor. In my situation, I let the oil level get too low and the "floatation" device that senses the low oil level got stuck. When I filled it with oil the engine would not start because the sensor was stuck. Anyway, my mechanic told me to go drive on some bumpy gravel roads to loosen up the sensor or just unhook the oil sensor. I unhooked the oil sensor for a couple weeks and hooked it back up and it worked fine. Now I just make sure I monitor my oil level closely. If your oil level is good and the engine won't start, just unhook the oil sensor.

3. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

CLC03,

Thanks for response. Yeah, ran it all summer with it disconnected, then bought new one and installed.

Recently, spent about three hours trying to trouble shoot thinking it was bad gas, crap in carb, plug, etc.......then the light came on...unplug that sensor and it cranked up on 3rd pull.