Lesco spacesaver(200gal.) sprayer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by yardprospraying, Aug 8, 2006.

1. yardprospraying

yardprospraying LawnSite Member

We are looking at buying the spacesaver sprayer, and I was just curious if anyone knew if you could get it with a Honda engine instead of Kawasaki?

All we use is Honda, and they last forever! Also how do you guys like the sprayer in general. I have several different skids but not one that is so compact as the Lesco.

Thanks for any suggestions..

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I use mine to spray trees up to 30' and as a nurse tank for my Z-spray. I think the Kawasaki motors are a very fine engine too. The sprayer is a very good buy if you ask me.

3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I'm a big fan of the Honda engine too, I had the space saver sprayer and ran it for 5 years with the Kawasaki and had absolutely no problems. I would have replaced it with a Honda if the Kawasaki hadn't just kept going and going.

4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Not long ago. I was looking for a 200 gallon skid sprayer for my truck. I compared the Lescco Space Saver, to the Gregson-Clarke V-200 and picked the Gregson-Clarke.
    Some of the things that led me to this decision, were the fact that their company doesn't focus on anything other than making sprayers. They don't sell fertilizer, nor herbicides. They make sprayers. I also liked the fact that their V-200 skid sprayer took up less bed space than the Space Saver (I have 5 feet of open bed space behind my sprayer). My sprayer also comes with Honda's 5.5hp engine and what more than a few people in the pump industry have told me, is a better pump (Udor Kappa) than the Space Saver comes with (Hypro).
    I can't say enough good things about the customer service I've received from them either. Having said all of that... The most important reason I went with my V-200, was the fact that if I encountered a problem with the sprayer and needed technical support. Rhett's (builds these sprayers) probably going to know what caused the problem and consequently how to get my sprayer up and running as quickly as possible.
    I really doubt I'd find Rhett's level of expertise at my Lesco dealer.
    I know I've been singing a lot of praises for Gregson-Clarke sprayers, but I DON'T GET ANY KICK-BACKS from them what so ever. If I get great service and a great product from a company. I'll really sing their praises. If the product, or customer service I get from them is bad. I'll be the first to let people know about that too.
    I know that Space Savers are good sprayers. I just like the options and other perks I get with my Gregson-Clarke better.

Vic

5. yardprospraying

yardprospraying LawnSite Member

Does anyone know the dimensions of the spacesaver (lesco)? I heard you could still see out of the back window of most trucks. It will be going in a chevy '07 2500 HD.

6. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Space saver in my opinion is the best. I get great service and help from the local lesco guys. I would check with them first.