lesco spray gun for spot spray?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cenlo, Apr 24, 2005.

1. cenlo

cenlo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Do you guys use the "chemlawn" gun to spot spray? Or is there another option. I saw a gun at Rittenhouse with dual triggers, but it required two hoses. I guess it was ment for liquid fert and spot spraying. I thought with the chemlawn gun you could only change the tips and not adjust the pattern.

2. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Yes u can use a silver metal gun but u don't get as much water i use it for
    tree and shrub spraying. It is adjust by turning the head from spray to staight
    spray.If may not get the right amount of water u will have to check.The metal
    gun has more pressure. Hope this helps?

3. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

For spot spraying I use either my Z-spray or a hand can.

4. cenlo

from Ontario

What is a "Z-spray"?

5. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Please turfsurfer tell us about the z-spray!

6. airtractrdrivr

airtractrdrivr LawnSite Member

geez, why not just use a can or a backpack to spot spray, instead of having to drag a bunch of hose out again. I spot spray with my backpack only.

7. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

I can spot spray much faster with my skid unit than getting out some bckpack and filling it and then walking and wlaking and walking and I get better results too.

EG

8. cenlo

from Ontario

So what in the world does everyone do? How can you do proper IPM with a Chemlawn gun? I don't get it! :dizzy:

9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

You can't do a "proper" IPM with a "Chem-Lawn" gun.

When was the last time you saw a TG / CL guy walking around shooting a dandelion here, a dandelion there??

It's a blanket app gun. Not to mention all the TG/CL lawns I know, there's more than just a dandelion here and a dandelion there.

That's why there's more and more people going to ride on spreader / sprayers.

You can fertilize, then use the ride on, whether it's a PermaGreen or Z-Spray to spot spray your weeds, if a blanket app isn't in store.

Obviously there's more reasons that this alone to use a ride on unit, but that's what a search feature is for. :waving:

10. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

What if the property was 50,000 square feet. Wouldn't make sense to use a tank and a lesco turf gun to spot spray.