Lesco spreader 705698

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by rbeitz, Apr 4, 2005.

1. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

Hi Bob,

The lesco spreader 705698 - SPREADER RTRY HW EPOXY 80# 2001 is currently out of stock at my local store and all stores within 50 miles of me. My local sales rep said that he believes this model is being discontinued and will no longer be sold. Can you confirm this and if so, will another model be offered?

Thanks!

2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Thanks for the email, Rob. The local LESCO rep is correct -- we are discontinuing that particular spreader. For whatever reason, the market just never supported the idea of a black epoxy spreader. However, we certainly continue to offer our very popular high-wheel, stainless steel spreader (item# 705699).

This unit is very similar to the black epoxy model, it should always be in stock locally and it offers the following features:
    * 80-lb. hopper capacity
    * Cam-operated oscillating agitator helps eliminate product bridging
    * Shutoff plate features pattern adjustment slide for even distribution of a variety of products
    * Sealed gear box protects gear set from dust and debris
    * Rear shelf in the hopper to help filter out debris
    * Frame and bearing house stiffeners provide strength to stabilize full loads and help the spreader stand up to the heaviest workload
    * Oversized tires increase stability and provide easier application on taller, thicker grasses
    * Stainless steel frame
    * New shut-off spring location and pre-drilled holes for easy kit installation

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any additional info. In addition, let me know if you'd like me to try to track down the closest black epoxy unit for you.

Thanks,
    Bob

3. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply Bob. I was in the store today picking up a couple of bags of teammates seed and I decided to check out the stainless steel spreader. Now I know why everyone is recommending it! That's got to be the best built walk spreader I have ever seen. It is now high on my list of must have future purchases!

Thanks again.