Lesco spreader and back pain.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by A1Lawns, Feb 23, 2008.

1. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Or...not trying to be a smarty!...If you really don't want to lift it you can dip it out with a 7-11 Big gulp cup like I do to empty my PG every day!:laugh:

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Good idea Ted,
    I use a tiny whisk broom with a small plastic dustpan to get the last of the fertilizer out of my Permagreen Ultra.

3. ted putnam

Same here!:)

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Since this thread went towards the PG somehow... I thought I'd throw in how I clean out my hopper at the end of the day. I bought one of those small shop vacs for about $30 and use that. I can clean the stuff that's stuck in the crevices too before I blow it off or wash it. Then what's in the vac canister I just dump into a bucket for reuse the next trip out. Of course I still have to quickly scoop out some if there's too much to vac out... but the vac is the fastest thing for getting 100% of it!

5. n-green

n-green LawnSite Senior Member

My theory on emptying the hopper on my push spreaders is not to overload. Most of my lawns that I push are about 6 or 7m so a half bag gets me back to the truck just about empty. It does suck to run out with just a few hundred feet left to spread! I use a wet/dry vac to clean the hoppers at the end of the day. It works great, especially on the PG since I can't flip it over and sweep it out.

6. ted putnam

Excellent idea on the small shop vac! A friend of mine in the biz and I had discussed doing that. Of course, it needs to be dedicated to fertilizer. Can't let someone get ahold of it and hit the floorboard of the truck.