Lesco Spreader now Chinese

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by treemonkey, Apr 10, 2008.

1. treemonkey

treemonkey LawnSite Member

This is not to fault JohnDeere/Lesco, they get enough bashing here already.

Our local JD Landscape had an open house today and while I was in the back room watching a guy put together some Lesco spreaders, I noticed that the box said "Made in China". The guy said "Yea, that's why I am assembling them in the back room." They still look to be the same high quality. I could not find any "made in" references on the spreader itself.

Bought some Dayton electric motors at W.W. Grainger today....now made in China.

Am I the only one that is concerned about the level of outsourcing going on?

Sad, sad, sad.

2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

most everything is made other places...cheap labor....its our own fault...

3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

A little but the fact remains that until we can get American guys to do the work for what the Chinese or other Southeast Asian workers do it for then nothing will change.

America flys the flag of independence yet we rely way to much on other countries to do things for us.

4. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Mabye if minimum wage went away, some of the lowballers would go out and lowball the guys working at mcdonalds.

5. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

if the government of the usa owned every business, then we could compete with china, i hope that never happins!

lesco (i mean JD Landscapes) must be making a boat load off those POS right now!! maybe they will redesign them so they spread evenly left to right and more then 3'. but then i wouldn't have any SS spreader to spread salt on the sidwalks in the winter.

6. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Yeah, stupid Americans. Won't work for $2 a day, what are they thinkin? If this was a 3rd world country, it'd be okay.

7. sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, it's our own fault we want cheap, cheap, cheap. If you want low prices and barely ok quality, then expect to have it out sourced. If you want to pay 2x, 3x or more and better quality, then it can be made here..... guess where "most" would rather have it made?

Makes me laugh, Dem's ***** all day about American jobs leaving, but they all run to Wal-Mart to buy their personal stuff as cheap as they can. Go figure.:laugh:

8. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't shop at wal mart...hate the place...if our money went futher then we wouldn't have to pay some other country to do our work for us.....its not only cheap labor its also cheap material......that old sayin is true you get what you pay for...there is alot of different grades of SS...its not only cheap labor....

hell look at the auto industry..look at the touble they are in its there own fault..truck prices have never been higher and there have never been more plastic on a trk..maybe some of the high paid ceo should take a pay cut and drop the price of there trks alittle and increase the quality.....do you think diesel prices are $4.00 a gallon in these 3rd world country's? i went to costa rica 2 years ago everything was a diesel i aksed the guy how much diesel was and it converted over to .50 a gallon american money......hmmmm makes you think alittle.....lets pay americans welfare for doing nothing that plan has been working good

9. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

The answer to this is the FAIRTAX. Read more, Search amazon etc for: ISBN 978-0-06-087549-7

Go to Fairtax.org

10. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

We have become a country that produces less and less. Manufacturing is be sent over to other countries like China because it has become impossible to compete. Government regulations, cheap imports and a weak dollar all have caused this problem. When we don't make anything people don't have jobs. When people don't have jobs they can't buy anything from China or anywhere else for that matter. Try to buy made in the USA products if you can. Chances are you will be looking for a long time. It does not surprise me that JDL- LESCO has went to China. Wal-mart, Lowe's, Home Depot, Kmart do to. I bet the price on that Chinese spreader is the same as the old USA model too. At some point we will all be victims of this mess and perpetrators as well.