Lesco spreaders vs. Shindaiwa spreaders

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by amanda8950, Sep 23, 2007.

1. amanda8950

amanda8950 LawnSite Member

Looking into getting a new spreader for the fall applications ( seed/lime/winterizer ). Opinions on Lesco vs. Shindaiwa spreaders ? I have Shindaiwa trimmers and blowers and a Lesco aerator and having nothing negative to say about any of them. Thought Shindaiwa was more known for it's power equipment but saw 1 of their spreaders and looked decent. Any thoughts ?

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

We have a shindiawa spreader, it's nice, but didn't hold up well to salt, 2 seasons and the bearings went. Not a big deal to change but, whatever. If only for use with fert and lime and cleaned well after uses I'd buy another.

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I have been using a earthway spreader for years with no proablems.

4. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

We have two lesco broadcast spreaders. One is two years old, the other about twenty. The newer one has the stainless frame and the older one has the rusty but still strong steel frame. Both get used very often. Debating a Perma-Green for next year. So that alone should say something about the Lesco's. Never tried a Shindaiwa but I have seen some guys using them.