Lesco Spreaders

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by Lazer_Z, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Mr. West, How well do your spreaders spread Lesco melt,Calcium or Rock Salt? I have been considering a Lesco spreader but, I don't know if it would be a wise choice just for winter use because I currently use a Scott's speedy green 3000 for my salting needs but, it well sucks and I have been looking to up-grade but I am having a hard time with the price end of things. I don't do any fert work because I do not have a Lic to do so. I called a local dealer and was quoted $339.00 for the 80lb model. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Rob

P.S. I have been into the dealer I called before to purchase ice melt and even got to demo a couple machines. And the sales guys were very nice I don't know the store # but if you would like I could maybe PM you the store location I would just like to put in a good word for this dealer. Thanks again

2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Rob...

Our spreaders will spread rock salt. However, to be perfectly honest, our spreaders were designed to spread fertilizer, and the larger and more uneven size of the rock salt particles can create some problems in the spreader. I am confident, however, that our spreaders will do a better job for you than a consumer-grade spreader, such as the Scotts Speedy-Green.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,
    Bob

3. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

One more thing to run by you, Rob -- call Brett Linden at 216/706-9250, and let him know that you and I had this online conversation. He can answer more questions for you.

Thanks,
    Bob

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Thanks for the information. I did go to a local LESCO dealer and on friday I am going to be looking a 2 spreaders a pro model and a smaller homeowner type. I was told i should be fine with the smaller model for rock salt or ice melt.

I just want to add one more thing the guys in store #460 are very helpful.

Thanks again
    Rob