Lesco stores "stealing" each other's customers ?!?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Marcos, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

Any of you ever have this happen to you at Lesco...either before OR after the buyout ?!?
    (I hadn't...But I hadn't "shopped around" :rolleyes: at other Lesco's before...to know it could or couldn't be done)

I haven't been a regular at Lesco since before the Deere buyout, but I went into an older established Cincy store two weeks ago to get some pricing on some of the ester herbicide I'll need to start off.
    I wanted to meet the new manager and to see if they were competitive with Three Way Ester cases.

They weren't. And the new guy there proved himself to be unorganized manager, and complete idiot while I was there.

Well, this morning I had some errands up north of Cincinnati, and one big job along the way.
    So I stop in at the store up near Miamisburg to pick up some starter fert.
    Just for farts and giggles...I asked the manager at the counter THERE what price I would pay for 5 cases of t.w.ester.

Guess what ?!?
    HE QUOTED ME $35 / CASE CHEAPER THAN THE CINCINNATI LESCO, WHICH IS WHERE I DID ALL MY BUSINESS BEFORE.... FOR YEARS !

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

2. no_longer_lurker

no_longer_lurker LawnSite Member

who knows? if you keep travelin north they might start payin you to take it off their hands?

of course I'm joking...but I have had simular experiences with lesco stores

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Same deal i have paid $1.49 a # for trigold and a few days later this spring $1.29....typical lesco keeping the customer first.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yep. 20 different price structures, for 20 different people.

5. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

go and get quotes from all the stores in town and only buy from the closest. Their system is universal for any store. If you were quote $20 at one and $30 at the closest the $20 one should come up at the $30 dollar store.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Runner

That has always been my grip with Lesco.

7. lawnguru12

lawnguru12 LawnSite Member

Guys, if your interested my company sells all your herbicides/fert/pesticides...if you interested in pricing give me a buzz....thanks

8. Marcos

This guy's using threads with JD/ Lesco & hitch-hiking on them to pedal stuff.
    In other words, he's a parasite.
    Ignore him.

9. I was in some round table discussions at a John Deere meeting and this was brought up several times and all I heard was we are working on it,have heard that since the buyout.

10. Marcos

:laugh:

funny man!