1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco stores....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Feb 29, 2004.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Has anybody here been to a Lesco store (aka Lesco Service center), if so, what do they supply, and how big. I am trying to decide of it is worth it to take a 3-hour trip to Manchester, NH to shop at one of their stores.
  2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Fertilizers, chemicals, Lesco Mowers and equipment.........everything is Lesco. They dont sell any other brands. At least not where I am located.

Usually have great advice if you are having problems with a yard
  3. mow2nd

oh, I wouldn't make the drive, find a local dealer. Lesco is a great company, but not worth the drive
  4. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Unfortunately no local dealers are in my area.
  5. mow2nd

Oh that stinks, Where did u buy your equipment? Where do you get fertilizer now?
  6. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

They are great!They have the best ferts an the best prices i've had contact with .Too bad they are not in your area.
  7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My lesco is very unimpressive, and I make every effort to stay away from there.
  8. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. I dont have the best impression of Lesco. There pricing techinics bother me. I have been quoted prices over the phone, and gone in to find out they either dont have what I want, or the price is totally different that what I was quoted. Some of there granular products are cheaper at Home Depot that what they sell them for.

That being said, they do carry everything a landscaper could need from mowers to chemicals. Most people do seem to be happy with their service. I just had a couple of bad experiences.

I do most of my business with UHS. You can check them out at www.uhsonline. For chemicals they will usually deliver.
  9. GrassBlaster

GrassBlaster LawnSite Member

I think mow2nd was saying find some other local dealer. Something other than Lesco
  10. mow2nd

I think Lesco is a good company, but if you got somebody in your local area, I would use them. My dad has been with Lesco for more than 20 something years. I go to a different dealer, mainly because all my equipment is Husqvarna, and I have a great relationship with my dealer.