Lesco stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PaulJ, Apr 12, 2003.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some pics I took today.

First cut of the season on these lawns.

Lesco 36" belt, 14hp Kaw, high lift blades, Jungle wheels, grass gobbler.

this is at 2.5"

photo7001.jpg

2. PaulJ

The rest of these are all at the same place, cut at 3"

No extra striping kit.

photo7005.jpg

3. PaulJ

Notice the nice slope on the right side.

It's always a chalange to get straight stripes on that slope. in any direction.

photo7007.jpg

4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

nice for a lesco.really nice

5. PaulJ

Here is one more with my rig in the background. You can see I have some seeding to do in the corners to fix some damage from the sprinkler install they did last year.

photo7004.jpg

6. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a nice looking/well cared for property. I'm happy with my Lesco's too.

7. PaulJ

I like this property too. This is where my wife works (vet clinic)and I have been caring for it for three seasons now. They finally put in sprinklers last fall. I do have some areas to seed where it died out before the sprinklers and got tore up putting them in.
    It is along a main street in town so it gets some exposure. When I get the seeding done I may put a sign out later this year. The slope does make it a challenge but the biggest obstacle is the dog droppings.

There is a bad area between the road and sidewalk. About 3.5 ft wide and just weeds and gravel. It wasn't looking to bad until they did some road work a year ago. I am thinking about trying buffalo grass in that strip. Have to wait and see and just keep the weeds down for now.

I do like the way it always stripes though.

8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Paul I don't have alot of experience with belt drives but when I had a 36" Husqvarna at my place (very hilly) it was a major pain going sideways or diagonally but it was OK straight up or down but it was a runaway train going downhill as you know LOL. Maybe that would work but I'm sure you have tried it and know your machine better than me :angel:
    Hydro's are great on hills :)

9. PaulJ

-

10. PaulJ

Yes hydros are better on hills, no doubt.

but I do OK with the belt drive. Make sure your brakes are adjusted and work well. I usually step off the sulky when turning on a hill. It holds pretty well with me on the sulky going across the hill though. The sulky actually works against the slope and helps hold the mower straight.

Here's another pic at a different property.

stripes1.jpg