Lesco SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jpocket, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a set of blades for my Viper last friday. They told me all Lesco 60's are the same as I wanted to make sure the viper and Z-two weren't different.
    Sure enogh I put them on and the hit each other. So I took em bak and told em to order some, the guy said we might be able to order some. Im like wtf!!!!!!!!!!. So here it is a week later they still have my $47.00 and I have No Gators for my Viper. The Viper is not that old of a machine, they stopped making it what 3 years ago, now they can't get blades for it !!!!!!!!

2. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Hehe.... you learned the hard way. Everyone knows that if you want something mechanical from Lesco you have to have the part numbers in hand, otherwise it's a giant crap shoot. I'm surprised they didn't give you edger blades.

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have noticed they seem to be going downhill too. they dont even stock snapper blades anymore. the only thing they are good for is fertilizer and edger blades. i wouldnt buy amower from them under any circumstances

4. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Well , yeah there doing things diffrent, they wont keep any parts in stock. It pisses me off cause my ztwo has been in the shop for a month and only needs a shoulder bolt and its dont, well its gonna take a week to get there. My trimmer has been there for three months. You cant get two cycle oil, buhings, grease fittings, all has to be ordered and takes a week. Pain in the ass!

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like Lesco does suck in some areas...
    Sure hope things don't change where I do business.

JPocket, PM me a part number and your zip code or just the zip code.
    I might be able to hunt some down so you can go in, raise cain and tell them where you know there are some blades.

6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I don't have any part numbers, You shouldn't need part numbers to get blades for a mower.

Any way thanks for you concern, you seem to care more than they do...LOL:)

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Hey fellas, you need to remember that the Gator blades are not a Lesco part. If they have to order them it's because they don't stock "non stock" parts and they have to get them from a aftermarket parts distributor. Even my local Exmark dealer doesn't stock Gators (he has the Rotary reverse mulchers) and has to order Gators if you want them.

8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

My JD dealer stocks Gators, If he don't have it, he can get any blade from the supplier, the supplier is there every Friday, If he calls ahead, the guy has the needed blade when he comes in.

9. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

Aren't the Lesco mowers built by the same people who build the Cub Cadet? If you can find out which Cub Cadet model the Viper corresponds to, you might be able to talk with your local Cub dealer and see if he can help you with parts. Just a suggestion.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Appears to me you can go to Lesco.com and look up the parts you need yourself, then you're ahead of the game... ?