1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco Sucks!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimmyStew, Mar 28, 2008.

1. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

I've been trying to look at equipment on Lesco's website and have been unsuccessful thus far! I navigate through the menus on the left margin but I am never able to see any products. I registered and signed in but nothing. Additionally, I attempted to use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the home page and it simply refreshed the page. Then, I tried to email customer service, and here's the kicker, they apparently won't accept email from hotmail/msn servers!!! Awesome company. I guess they won't be getting my business.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

There website has been down for a while ever since they got bought out by johndeere. There equipment has stopped being manufactured but the same exact equipment is available from cubcadet commercial, from mowers to application equipment. Dont get mad at lesco because they are a great company for chemicals but their equipment is now being made anymore.

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

lesco equipment sucks anyway stay away from it
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Lesco equipment does NOT suck... It's the same as Cub Cadet Commercial, and there's thousands of people out there that rely on it every day to make their living.

That said, yes, since John Deere took over Lesco they dismantled their website and made it pretty much useless. Why? I have no idea! Dosn't make any sence... Many people, including myself relyed on their website to find product lables, MSDS sheets, equipment specs, store inventorys, my past purchaces, etc. It's been months since the takeover, and they "promised" that it would be better than before. Well where it is John Deere???
  5. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree lesco makes the worst mowing equipment ever. i demoed a lesco z2 and it was really really bad, the cut was bad, the frame was to small for the 60in deck it was under powered and did i mentioned it cut really bad. stay away from them! buy anything but a lesco.
  6. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

lasco sucks period to high price mowers suck thats my opinoin if you dont like it dont ready it and it is there fault
  7. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, lesco's are junk.

You guys should actually try something before you bash it:dizzy:

8. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have tried the lesco, i demoed it for a week, here is what i found while i had it:
    1. left clumps while mowing
    2. i did not like the dampers behind the levers they kept going back to nutral and my arms got tired after useing the thing all day.
    3. it was under powered for a 60in deck
    4. you are very limmited on leg room on the mower "and i'm a small guy 120lbs"
    5. did't stripe "i know i can see your unit stripes but the one i had did't"
    6. other things i did't like were the dealer did't stock parts or work on the units.

the pros
    1. it was afforadable
    2. i got to give it back at the end of the week.

but this is just my experience, i'm honestly not trying to bash lesco but this is the experience i had with the demo i had. it could have very well been the mower but after this experience i never plan on buying a lesco unless someone can convince me otherwise.
  9. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

do you think i would bash on some thing i have never used get real buddy
  10. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, can I change the title of the thread to "I'm dissapointed with Lesco's current level of service"?