lesco/symbiot pricing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by agrolawn81, Mar 20, 2006.

1. agrolawn81

agrolawn81 LawnSite Member

operate in connceticut. paid $15.50 for 19-0-6 dimension.15 last december.
    Joined symbiot in february 06 and went in to lesco service center on march 16 to see my price for this season for same product ,19-0-6 dimension.15. was given a price of $16.55 per bag. Asked about a few other products, 19-0-11 pendimeth.86 was $14.30 per bag. Usually use 24-5-11 w/5% iron in round 2 and was given a price of $12.85 per bag. Paid $9.25 for 24-5-11w/5% iron in 2004 and paid $11.00 in 2005. Curious to see if new symbiot agreement w/ lesco on march 17 has changed that price I was given on March 16 ? Going back tomorrow March 21 to find out. Anyone else have quotes for same products?

2. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Something is very wrong, my Symbiot prices for the same products are much lower.

Well, I bought my rd1 material in December so I haven't check prices lately, I will do that this week and let you know what I found

3. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Agro,

I think you got it right. I'm seeing the same variences. I compared those products and a few other like seed and Momentum and saw more of the same.

4. greenoasis

greenoasis LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

Those prices are somewhat similar to what my prices are. I've also joined Symbiot. I'm not sure why there would be some variances, but my prices are slightly lower. I was told by my local Lesco rep that their prices went up about 30% across the board, so that's something else to think about. In other words, if you were paying $11/bag last year, you would be paying $14/bag this year. If you're price is about $12.50/bag this year by being a part of Symbiot, then you're saving money compared to what you normally would be paying. I don't know if that makes sense. Also, with my rebate, it makes my prices even lower.

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

the new rehashed out prices with lesco and symbiot were supposed to take effect monday the 20th and so far i have seen no change

6. PRGN1

PRGN1 LawnSite Member

Im not a symbiot member and I paid 12.73 for 19-0-6 with dimension from Lesco.Im glad i did not pay the 700.00 to be a member.

7. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I am a member and I paid less than 12.73, plus many other items where alot cheaper then what I could negotiate. Some where a little higher, but just odd ball stuff.

In the end Symbiot guarantees you will save at least what the membership costs or you get all your money back.

Plus you get money back or discounts at other stores like Office depot, Mobil gas and many other perks.

I joined it just for one reason......

24-5-11 5% was 2.10 a bag cheaper, and I purchased 16 pallets of that product last year.

8. PRGN1

PRGN1 LawnSite Member

Hey James what did you pay?

9. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

When I joined dimension was almost $3 per bag cheaper. I get almost 3x my membership dues back in my rebate every year.

I spoke to Lesco and symbiot this morning. The prices you have been getting since January 3 are the prices that were negotiated. The hang up was on how to structure the rebate program.

Here it is from the horses mouth. Yes, in some areas you will find that symbiot is more expensive on some products as those areas have loss leaders. My area happens to be glyphosate, which I already knew. Other areas may be barricade, dimension or something else.

Anyway the point is that I have options for many different vendors that give volume pricing at a level that I may never acheive on my own. It is just a matter of being diligent in your research. Never be satisfied with what you are paying, always check with vendors around you. I have yet to find a vendor other than Lesco to compete with pricing, never mind the terms that they offer.

If anyone wants some further info on my 1/2 hour talk with Lesco this morning PM me. There were a few things discussed that I feel are to my benefit as a symbiot member that I don't want to post here.

Bryan

PS I can figure out if you are a member or not:hammerhead: