Lesco third hole deflector kit ?? for rep

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Mar 24, 2008.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I bought a deflector kit last year, i went to install it today, the diagram is so poorly copied that i cant read anything on it, im not sure if i even have all the parts. I need to be able to read it to be able to put it together, are there any pdf files, pics or places i can go? , my rep couldnt help me.
  2. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

I just went through the same crap with mine. The 3 JD guys who replaced the 1 Lesco guy didn't have a clue. In fact when I first bought the deflector, they sold me something that would only engage if I stopped the spreader, and manually lifted a flange onto the hopper. I brought it back and asked for the remote kit. The 3 of them looked at each other, then called someone to find out if such a thing existed. Oh yea, I was standing there with the diagram of the kit.

Anyway, by trial and error, patience and more than 4 hours of assembly, dis-assembly, reassembly I got it together!!!

When I tested it, material missed the rear of the deflector & spread about 3 feet onto my driveway.:angry:

Went back to JD, they confirmed it was put together properly, I showed them how it misapplied material, they said duhh that's not right, but had no solution. :hammerhead:

So now I'm going to have to try drilling a new hole or adding to the shield to make it work. Great job, JD.

If anyone has an answer, please let us know.