1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco three-way in a hand sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by FFEMT, Mar 5, 2005.

1. FFEMT

FFEMT LawnSite Member

I bought a gallon of lesco three way at an estate sale last year..
    Am ready to put down but the label that has the rates on it is missing..

I have a 4 gallon backpack sprayer...How many ounces per gallon would I need to use...?
    I have about an acre of grass that nedds to be sprayed..

2. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I'd recommend going to Lescos site and finding the label.
  3. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

Thats good advice, and you will also need to determine your rate of spray.
  4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

A licensed person would know this...
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Sod King

If he was licensed, he wouldn't have bought a used jug of any kind of chemical pesticide. No way of knowing the age or concentration. He might of paid twice the price since it is one of the least expensive herbicides there is.

It is kind of like what my dad used to say. "You don't always get what you pay for, But you don't get more than you pay for." I only hope he is useing it on his own lawn.

FireFighterEmergenyMedicalTech the normal rate is 1.5 OZ per thousand square feet. It most effective if used with a non ionic spreader sticker and applied at the rate of 1 gallon of finished spray per thousand. However read the label for your type of turf. Type of turf is the name of your kind of grass.
  6. FFEMT

FFEMT LawnSite Member

Thanks RIC

I went to Lesco's website and found the rate...

I bought 2 Gallons at an estate sale for $10.00 both unopened but the rate label is not readable..

Does this Herbicide require a Licence..????

This is going to be used on my yard only..I bought a repo house a couple of months ago which sat empty for 10 months with no lawn care at all...
    So I have nothing to lose by trying it out....

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

No license required for your own lawn. However I think you may have throw away $ 10.00 if not what is left of your lawn. All chemicals have a shelve life. If the label is so old that you can't read it, then the product inside has a good chance of being that bad also. 3 Way is only about $ 30.00 a gallon brand new. It will treat 2 acres wall to wall. But it is your yard, do as you wish.