1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco TriGold Transition Blend

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kbcjlc, Jun 13, 2002.

1. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

The weather is getting hot and dry.. Notice it starts to turn brown which it should not.. The bag i bought from Lesco said drought resisant....I told them to water the yard if you want to keep grass green but u know most of them do not do it......Is it something wrong with Lesco's seed or just that it will heal when the weather gets cool and have enough rain

2. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

everything right now is brown or getting there for me. Water restrictions keep people from watering and all the grass can do without water is turn brown. Lesco seed is good but i swichted to Nivek's blend. There's is better to me.
  3. Ajays

Ajays LawnSite Member

I use the lesco blend and it works better than anything ive seen but no grass can stand up to this heat without constant water.
  4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Drought resistant means that it is well suited for dry conditions. BUT no living thing can live without water. Water it or it will die. By the way you may want to put what state you are in in your profile.
  5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Exactly. No fescue grass is drought proof. As stated above all living things need water.
  6. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Just a quick note on the Greensboro market. The restrictions are so bad there now, they're tellng rest. to not give glasses of water unless the patron asks for it. I've been doing commercial pest elimination in this area for years and as soon as the doors are locked, they pull out the water hose and spray everything either out the back door or down the drain. Heck, when I was a teenager they made me use a mop.
  7. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

what type of seeds come with? What makes you think Nivek's blend is better?