Lesco Viper With FH680V Issues

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by CSALawnServiceInc, Oct 11, 2006.

1. CSALawnServiceInc

CSALawnServiceInc LawnSite Member

I've got a Lesco Viper (pre Z-Two ZTR) with a FH680V that will not run unless gas is poured directly into the carb. I have changed out the fuel filter and cleaned the pre air filter and replaced the main air filter. The mower stopped running on a mild slope. Both tanks have gas and the engine has oil. Any guesses?

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Is the fuel pump working? Is the anti-afterfire solenoid working?

3. CSALawnServiceInc

How do I check the anti afterfire solenoid? Also where is it? My guess with the fuel pump is that if the fuel is bubbling thru fuel filter when I crank the engine then its working, right?

4. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would check the solenoid as pugs suggested it is screwed into the fuel bowl on the carb, a green wire to hot and black to ground make sure you have 12 volts at the green wire key on. You can test it on the unit it should click when you turn the key, if not you can run a jumper wire from a good 12 volt source to the green wire.

5. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

the fuel shut off solenoid is located at the bottom of the carb bowl. when you cycle the key on and off you should here and feel a click. if not then check for battery voltage with the key on on the supply wire. if no voltage check fuses and trace back the wire to the key switch.

6. CSALawnServiceInc

I will give this a try, thanks!