Lesco Viper??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leeslawncare, Oct 14, 2000.

1. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys know or think about the lesco VIPER?I do lamn care part time as you all know but the plant that i work for got a viper last year. from what i've seen of it .doesn't look good to me as far as it's quality of cut .just wondering if any of you guys may have or even want one???Let me know what you think ...Thanks ! Lee
  2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Better do a search.

We've already been reprimanded too many times for using the foul language required to accurately evaluate that machine.
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I wouldn't trade my old Chopper even up for 2 new Vipers. I've demoed them and a friend bought one. He had so much problems with it in the first year, Lesco gave him most of his money back and he went and bought a new Chopper this spring and has been very happy with his new Chopper. It would take most of the night to list all the problems he had with it. I have heard the Lesco w/b are good mowers though.
  4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Yea, what Lazer said. Look for something else.
  5. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Well ,I tried to tell the company i work for that they should shop around but they are some cheap bas***** an well,,,i hope they get what they paid for . As for me i know better !! that why I hope to be getting outta there soon so i will not hafta worry about it ! Thanks again Lee
  6. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my 2 lesco WB's but wouldn't touch a Viper. One time this summer I was in my local Lesco and saw 3 of them in for work. I asked how many total this Lesco had sold and they said 10. That's 30% in at ONE TIME for work. One of them had its deck all messed up and they were using a chain and a forklift to try and pull it straight. The only good thing about them is at least they have Kawi engines.
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The Cub Cadet is the same machine also. Better have a direct line on parts!
  8. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My buddy bought a viper. Needless to say what he has now......a laser!!!
  9. sunrise

sunrise Banned

only get one if they are willing to pay you to take it.
  10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

MTD = Made To Disintegrate