Lesco vs. Cub Cadet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crossboneracing, Apr 29, 2007.

1. crossboneracing

crossboneracing LawnSite Member

So today I am looking around online and happen to realize that I am pretty sure that the lesco Z and the Cub Cadet 60" are the same mower? Maybe I am wrong as I am only going by the pics, but the sure look simmilar. Anyone have any idea if this is true? The 60" Cub is 1500-2000 cheaper than the lesco!! Let me know if anyone has any ideas here if this is right?

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yes they're mostly the same I think. However, I know Cub did some re-design on the Tanks this year. DOn't know if those carried over to Lescos or not.

I find it hard to believe the Cub is cheaper than the Lesco, usually it's the other way around.

3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Cub is not cheaper, but yes they are the same mower. Lesco was just bought out by JD though... Go with cub since we all know there not going anywhere.

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Same great mower just different color. I also am surprised that the Lesco's are cheaper then the TANKS.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Both great mowers.... same thing basically.

But yeah, Aubrey is right.
    John Deere did buy out Lesco, I guess to expand John Deere landscapes.

So none of us have any idea what's going to happen there.

Lesco has been nothing but perfect to me... but you might want to get that Cub.

6. LESCO...MECH

LESCO...MECH LawnSite Member

same mower different color but about $1000 less for the lesco and don't worry lesco will contiune to carry parts and service for the lesco's

7. Powell_Landscape

Powell_Landscape LawnSite Member

Since the parts are interchangeable get whatever is cheaper. I could be wrong on this, but my dealer who is very knowledgeable told me that Cub bought out Lesco's manufacturing facility where the ztrs are built a few years ago. I believe some other parts of Lesco have been bought out since then and now JD is taking over what is left.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Yes... that is correct :(

9. HFS

HFS LawnSite Member

Hey ENVY... I've been looking at going to Lesco mowers mid this summer. You seem to have a good understanding of almost everything in the biz. What do you think of there Turf equipment as a whole? (Aerators, De-thatchers, Mowers, etc...) Main reason for this is I'm looking to simplify my equipment and want the one stop shop. I just finished my switch to all ECHO hand power tools for easy of operation, service, and parts. Plus, I'm curious; what are you running at this time? THANKS! and LATER...

P.S. (((YES! I did do a search and read a few other posts about Lesco mowers.)))

10. Envy Lawn Service

I got to see them and the Ztwo did get the updates too.

Due to the change in design, the Ztwo actually looks better than the Tank now because the yellow color scheme isn't flattering to that design. The Ztwo's look great since the yellow parts are green instead.

I wish I had my scanner hooked up.
    I'd post a picture....