1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco vs Cub Cadet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass King, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Grass King

Grass King LawnSite Member

Is it true that Lesco is made by Cub. The reason I'm asking is because I have Lesco 36" that I have a hard time getting parts for. No dealer in my area for Lesco. If the Lesco and Cub are the same machines, maybe the parts are inchangable.

Thanks for you help
  2. GrassBlaster

GrassBlaster LawnSite Member

I know that Lesco is made by Cub, but I can only assume that the parts are interchangable. I would think they are
  3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco and Cub Cadet are made by MTD. I have a MTD PRO MZ2554 that I bought in 1998. That was before they started putting the Cub Tank name and colors on them. And then Lesco got theirs. I also bought a MTD 36WB hydro. Both still run good. The Z we converted to a spray & fert machine. The WB is used at my home and kept for an emergency backup.
  4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

yep take it to a cub commercial dealer.
  5. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

try j thomas on line
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, agree with wriken. Take it to a cub dealer. They are basically one and the same.
  7. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. They are made by MTD.Lesco hs baught 51%of MTD according to my dealer. My new 48 lesco w/b has the cub tank deck on it.
  8. MrFikit

MrFikit LawnSite Member

Tell your dealer you have basically the same as a Cub Commercial 01008681 and you could use a parts list for it. Now some of the parts will be black instead of green, but they still work the same.

Lesco has not bought 51% of MTD. MTD bought out LESCO's portion of CTP, the manfacturer which makes both. CTP is now a MTD owned subsidarary (sp?). All of the commercial products (for MTD and LESCO) come out of that facility.
  9. jeffreyj77

jeffreyj77 LawnSite Member

I just wanted to assure you that Cub is made by MTD. Just check out their web-site.
  10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

still a great mower!!!!!!!!!