lesco vs. exmark. vs toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jbannick18, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

Unfortunatley my John Deere is giving me a huge headache cause of a frozen bearing which the shop said would require replacing tranny and all. So im looking to get a new 36inch hydro. Im stuck between the lesco , exmark, and toro. Which mower would you use? I do all residential accounts

2. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

i dont think there is a better hydro walk behind than the exmark turf tracer. it is available in the 36 in width, and the controls are unparalleled as far as comfort and actual control of the machine. also cut quality is awesome.

josh

3. Picture Perfect Landscape

Picture Perfect Landscape LawnSite Member

I dunno I think the new toro's will give the exmark a run for their money... before that... I would say the exmark out of the choices due to the controls. But deck wise the toro would probably win, especially now that they have these new controls.

4. jbannick18

any suggestion for the lesco?

5. mcduff48

mcduff48 LawnSite Member

Yes....don't buy it! Now that Deere has bought Lesco, you will be seeing their equipment selection change. Parts and service may get to be a real challange.
    Besides, there never has been a Lesco factory that made equipment. It all came in on lowest price bid for them to retail. :nono:

6. jbannick18

Ok thanks, I went with the toro 36 inch hydro with the fixed deck :). Came out to just shy of 4900. I get it tomorrow, i'm excited :D

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

You made a great decision, is it the T2 controls?

For $900 more you can get the 40" Floating deck in case you want to change your mind.

8. jbannick18

No i got the pistol grips, I'm use to them but the t2 controls weren't available to me because i got a fixed deck. The floating deck was 5600 before tax but i really didn't need the floating for residential uses and for that kind of money I will just purchase a rider in the future for a couple grand more. The 36 fits through my gates so thats why I got it.

9. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

post some pics if you can.

10. jbannick18

Will do tomorrow when i get it :), gotta catch up on my yards since i got messed up today