LESCO -vs- EXMARK

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FIREMAN Q, Aug 8, 2006.

1. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking to replace my current mower. Its a Honda 48" commercial. To the best of my knowledge they don't even make them anymore.

I am going to replace it with either a exmark or a lesco. I know that I will have better service support going with an exmark BUT the mowers that I'm looking at are priced, Ex=$6500. and the Lesco=$3500.

My question, is exmark that much better than lesco to warrent an extra 3K??? I don't want this to be a FORD/DODGE type of question, but more for the quality for the money. Hope that makes sense.

2. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

What are these mowers exactly. Both 48"s, both hydros, what?

3. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

sorry about that. they are both 48" hydro floating decks. the lesco is a 17 horse, believe its electric start, the exmark is 19 and is electric start.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco can't be beat on price,go with the lesco.

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Yes, as long as you don't mind working on them yourself, go with the Lesco.

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Ahhh the lesco with the floating deck? Thats got the command cut deck which is a fantastic deck. Go with the Lesco for sure in this case.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Lescos might be cheaper but how is dealer support in your area? you might buy the lesco but should you have a problem and its down for a week or two, you are not saving any money. JMO

8. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

That seems kinda pricey for an exmark floating deck.

I would check around with some of the other majore names if you have dealers in your area. I wanna say I quoted a guy like 5500 for a Bobcat 48" floating hydro with electric start...I think it was 17hp...I forget.

Is it a green lesco or a black one? Those newer black ones with the ZTR like controls look like they are not made very well to me. I think they are using combined pump/wheel motors too...dunno what series or if they are any good. Dunno why they would go from seperate to combined other than to cheapen it up...

You get what you pay for IMO. A Bobcat GEAR DRIVE floating deck would be getting up close to if not more than 3500 these days...

9. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I would go with the Lesco on this one.

10. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

List on a THP19KAE483 is $6437 (comm list is $5799) ...

Hmm.. $6500 is high.. are there some extras being installed or is that with tax?