Lesco vs. Home Depot

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by Greatdane522003, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Greatdane522003

Greatdane522003 LawnSite Member

I was wondering is there a difference between buying pre-m from home depot vs. getting it at my lesco dealer, and I was also wondering why did the bags use to weigh 50lbs and now they weigh 46lbs. :dizzy:

2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

My Lesco dealer told me that HDs stuff is not as strong. And here in NY I cant use Demention and the lesco stuff at HD has Demention in it and Lesco said its different.

3. dixhead

dixhead LawnSite Member

I was wondering the same thing...are the products the same as at the lesco dealer??? I saw them in the Home Depot ad this morning.

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Oh man this makes me nervous....Home Depot sells very overpriced "home owner" products with the applicator in mind who wants to spread on his or her own yard. Lesco sells products for the professional who understands the benefits that they can offer their customers with a superior formula. I suggest reading up on getting licensed and insured before attempting any illegal applications on anyones yard for profit. The consequence can be hefty fines and a terrible reputation among your industry and clientele.

5. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member