lesco vs other commerical mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ryanwhite5, May 19, 2008.

1. Ryanwhite5

Ryanwhite5 LawnSite Member
    from Pa

What does a lesco commerical 36" with a 14 horse kawi compare to as in duriabliity and cut quality

2. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

a horribly beat to death thread--do a search--it will take you weeks to read it all

3. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

this is true. They are great mowers I think and are very durable too. Can not beat a kawasaki either.

4. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I have one. I hate it.

The pistol grips give me carpal tunnel. The front castors snap easily. Don't even THINK about using a sulky...

Cut quality is great, though. I liked its cut much better than my Toros. that being said, the homeowner isn't gonna see the difference - just those of us who stare at grass for hours on end...

5. Ryanwhite5

from Pa

y should i not use a sulky

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

I weigh about 170#. That mower is tough for me to operate all day long w/o a sulky. When I added one, it killed me. I snapped both brake rings, first off. Second, within a matter of a week or so, my arms started tingling and going numb. I would wake up at night with my arms completely numb, but pain-filled. It was terrible. Couldn't hardly dribble a basketball, hold a hammer, etc...

I retired mine with maybe 200 hours of use. I kept it, telling myself it would be a backup. But everytime I've actually needed it, I can't bring myself to put up with its torturous ways... I'd rather fall behind on work fixing my T-Bar than whip out the old Lesco ever again...

That being said, if you only have a few accounts, or are a big burly manly man, or don't mind running it in 4th or less... maybe you could do it.

But I consider mine a BIG rookie mistake.

7. Ryanwhite5

from Pa

well i am 14 and just bought a used one in great condition with 140 hours on it i have 6 lawns but am hoping to be over ten by summer so i am not on the machine all day everyday and i way 140 pounds so do think i will be abel to use a sulky fine.

8. whoopassonthebluegrass

You're young and resilient. You'll likely be fine! Good luck and be careful of curbs and corners on those front castors.

9. Ryanwhite5

from Pa

Thanks for all the input.

10. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 36" hydro and I love it. My one and only complaint is that it does not have a floating deck because I hate changing heights. Mine cuts great with high lifts. I experimented with different blades and found highlifts to give the best cut. The kawi is a great engine. Good luck with your new machine.