lesco w/b whats it worth!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ricerocket, Jul 9, 2003.

1. ricerocket

ricerocket LawnSite Member

looking at a lesco hydro walkbehind with around 4 to 500 hours on it. it has a 48 in. deck, 17 hp kawasaki, 4 sets of blades, a sulky and a collection system with a 5 hp briggs. he said he was asking 2500.00 for it but he would sell it for 2000.00. it needs a good wash but otherwise it looks pretty clean and well taken care of. does this price sound right. also would this be a good mower to start out with.

any help would ba appreciated thank's ahead of time.
  2. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a decent deal..I saw a 2001 Lesco 52" 17 kawi for 1750 today in the swapsheet
  3. ricerocket

thanks dstosh
  4. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I just sold a 48" Lesco 2001 hydro with 17hp kawi with only 130 hours on it and castoring sulky for $2000
  5. ricerocket

how much is the collection system worth it looks pretty new?
  6. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Trust me on this - stay away from Lesco. We had two - we're selling both right now (before the warranty runs out). They're ----. The baffle system sucks - the axles are welded to the rear frame and break quite frequently (costly), We've broken three axles in two years. By comparison - we've got 9 Buntons that are 6-7 years old (and have THOUSANDS of hours on them) and we've only broken one axle between them. The Lescos cut like ---- and the welds break ALL the time. I tried to be very objective about the Lescos - but after about 1 year they totally fall apart and cut like ----. Do yourself a BIG favor and don't buy a Lesco. Those machines cost me a lot of $ in down time, repair time and lost customers because of the quality of the cut. We bought a 4 year old Exmark/Metro and the thing is a thousand times the machine the Lesco is. Good Luck - but take my advice and buy a machine from a manufacturer that knows how to design a good piece of commercial equipment.
  7. Dstosh

You must have gotten a few bad eggs or something..everyone around here has at least one lesco mower and seem to use the ---- out of them
  8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I have heard LOTS of bad stuff about Lesco mowers, and I wouldn't touch one if they gave it to me. Everyone I talk to that owns one say they stink.

9. Dstosh

Im not trying to start a big debate here i was just saying
  10. if it was well taken care of I say offer hin between 1500 and 1700 and no more.AS far as lesco being a good mower it is.I would say 2000 is high with that many hours on it.You could buy a brand new gear drive lesco for that price.Yes there is a big difference between gear and hydro.But there is a huge difference from 0 hours to 500 hours at least 2 to 3 years of work.Dont worry about brand but worry about money and hours.Lesco is allright in my book