Lesco w/ KawFC420V 'dieseling'

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dearyeats, Jun 30, 2008.

1. dearyeats

dearyeats LawnSite Member

Okay, I am NOT a particularly mechanical guy, and don't know much about small engines. But I'm hoping someone can suggest how I might repair my mower without having to pay a professional. Money's tight all over. The engine almost always runs on after being turned off, especially after it's been running for a while. I've been pulling the plug wire as a shutoff manouever. I'm sure there is probably a simple remedy. Might it be something an amateur could handle? Thanks for any help.
  2. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

on a car if it "runs on" it is usually idleing too high.
  3. greaseyknight

greaseyknight LawnSite Member

If pulling the plug wire kills is that means that the ignition kill switch is not working or some of the wiring has become disconnected, I don't know any thing about kawasakis but you might want to pull the cover and snoop around and see if a kill wire is disconnected somewhere.
  4. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

you may need to replace or clean the contacts on the key switch, my older 36 inch lesco did the same thing and i took a water hose and blasted the key switch contacts and seemed to fix my problem. if cleaning don't work, try a new key switch.