lesco walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nathan101, Aug 16, 2006.

1. nathan101

nathan101 LawnSite Member
    from florida

i was wondering if lesco walk behind gear griven 36' deck is a good mower as far as quality cut and durabilty. the local dealer wants $2299 for one.please reply

2. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I don't own a belt drive but, the hydro cuts great. I have 900 hours on mine and replaced one spindle assembly and a pump drive belt. I got an ad about a week ago advertising 36" belt drives for 2199, hydro for 3199.

Matt

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Spend your money on a QUICK 36 from better outdoor products

4. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

I just converted my 52 to a 36. I use to hate the cut of the 52 but since I swapped decks, it is like the difference in night a day. I am very pleased with the cut of the 36. A whole lot less scalping than the 52 fixed deck. I do not use mine everyday but it is a solid machine.

5. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

I just converted my 52" to a 36". The difference is like night and day. It cuts great now with very little scalping from the fixed deck. That 52" would scalp if you ran over a pebble. But I am very pleased with the 36. I do not have any problem swingin doubles with the bigger engine. I don't know what size comes on the 36 belt but I would get as big as I can because the doubles do make a difference. Mine is a hydro but if the belt is what you want than go for it. You will not be dissappionted with the cut.

6. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

Whoops, sorry about my screw up. It is late.

7. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

My lesco cuts great! I have the 15hp/48'' belt drive.