Lesco walk behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by contra, Apr 22, 2003.

1. contra

contra LawnSite Member

Lesco is the only dealership that is close to me. i desperately need a 36" mower (belt) and their prices seem reasonable ,$2400 new. I have seen a bunch of guys around my area with this brand. what do you all think of them?

2. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

My dad use to have a 48 lesco belt and he loved it worked great and striped great. There built great and take some abuse. Sounds like a good price to me id say go for it.;)

3. FLSguy

FLSguy LawnSite Member

I Have used lesco since i started and have had a 36" belt driven for 3 years now, still works great. I have no complaints, and the guys at my local lesco are great on customer service.

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

You better look harder for a dealer...you are in Pittsburgh area...there has to be dealers for all major brands of equipment. For that price...you could get the same of a namebrand.

5. rsmith

rsmith LawnSite Member

Isn't LESCO a name brand? Lesco is definitely a good machine.

6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Sure...it's a brand they put their name on. LOL

7. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Lesco is a great NAME BRAND machine. We have two Lesco Wbs and a Viper.One WB is over 5yrs old and runs as good as the new one.

8. contra

contra LawnSite Member

i think theyre might be an exmark dealer around here. i'm guessing that i would have to dish out around $2600 for one of their new 36"s. do you think its worth the extra money.

9. laserman

laserman LawnSite Member

I've used a lesco 48" hydro for 2 years. extremely tough really takes a beatin' very few probs. Fluff exmark, overated.:D

10. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Have one of each. Lesco is an alright mower. Only small things keep keep braking. I.E. brake bands. Kinda a pain every morning to grease the spindles along with all the other required points. Hate the pistol grips. Exmark no problems after initial set up> Better cut and the ECS controls are much more comfortable for me. While at the Lesco dealer buying a 23 dollar brake band saw a flier that they had 36 in belt for 2395. Two weeks ago at the exmark dealer they had a 36 metro pistol grip under 2100 and ecs for 2300. Would be an easy decision, go find an exmark dealer and check out the prices.

Good Luck
    Rhett