Lesco walkbehind tracking problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Michael Martinez, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez LawnSite Member

I need a little help. When I brake right to turn right there is little to no power to do so. I have changed transmission belts and pulleys and still no improvement. Get this! When the mower runs into wet or damp grass the mower is perfect. I can't understand what is going on. Anyone know what's up?

2. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

First let me say Welcome to Lawn site:drinkup:

How old is this unit? What pulleys and belts have you changed? Just the trans belt and idler or both side drive belts and pulleys?

3. Michael Martinez

Thanks for the welcome.
    I changed all of the above. The unit is about 5 years old.

4. MowerMedic77

I will guess that you have adjusted the levers to compensate for the new belts and pulleys so that they are engaging the belts completley you should be able to butt the front of the mower against a wall and get the tires to brake free if it does not do this then you may have and issue on the left side you may also want to check the wheel bearing on the left side inner closest to the frame these tend to fail on lesco units.

5. Michael Martinez

After more tinkering I found out that it was the drive belt pulley that was all worn. I went and changed both sides at the same time. Thanks for your time and advice.:clapping:

6. MowerMedic77

Glad to hear you got it going :drinkup: