Lesco WB Hourmeter!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason_S, Jun 10, 2001.

1. Jason_S

Jason_S LawnSite Member

Our LC has 2 Lesco WB's. One is an older 52 inch the other is a 2000 48 inch, my problem is that NEITHER have functioning hour meters! I have checked the fuses, and the wiring seems okay. Is there a switch or something to get these things rolling? The 2000 only has 1/10 of an hour on it!!!!! (not actually though, it is much more)

2. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I would talk to the dealer.Look on the brite side ,keep them clean an you can sell the for new ones !!Just kiddin.

3. superfert

superfert LawnSite Member

Your 2000 unit should have the hour meter hooked up through a small wire that runs from the hour meter to the spark plug boot area on the engine. Check to see that it is attached at the meter and the wire wraps around the spark plug boot.

The older units did have a fuse system that would allow the hour mete to run when the key was in the on positon. This would often drain the battery down when the key was left on . The new units only function when the engine is running.

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

My 2000 Lesco WB had over 150 hours on it and now it has 38 hours on it. It reset itself one time and I never noticed till I looked down and it was on 10 hours. Oh well.

5. CLARKE

CLARKE LawnSite Member

What ever you do don't buy there ZTR i did and with
    in less a year they ended up buying the thing back from
    me the hour meater was 1 thing 3 wheel motors blue smoke
    never when away when you 1st started it they said that was normal. and it always
    left a real funky line in the cut, and thats just for starters.