1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lesco WB Hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Trinity Lawn Care LLC, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

O.k. I am not 100% sure whether they are 52" or 54". Seems that tow different pieces of literature has two different specs. Both say that they come with a 19HP engine. I have been thinking about buying one during this expo that they have going on. I know that these questions have already been asked, but for piece of mind for me (and my wife) we wanted to ask anyway.

How do these mowers run? How good is the cut quality? How well do they hold up? Ground speed relatively the same as other brands? Has the weight (they seem a little heavier) ever seemed to be a problem on wet ground? Anything else that I can't think of that may be helpful would be appreciated.

Thanks Folks...
  2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I have a 2 lesco belts, and they are excellent. I test ran the hydro before i bought the new belt and it was also excellent, well built, stripes awesome, overall the w/b was a beaut and I highly recommend it. It may be a little cheaper in price than other brands, but it performs the same if not better. I think you should deffinatly choose lesco.
  3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I htink the 52" is a fixed deck pistol grip machine and the 54" is floating deck and loop grip.
    I have a 36" belt that is a very solid machine for the money.
  4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Lesco is awesome machine BUT make sure you have service and part end available for you when something happens. In my area, they don't have most of parts available and the "real" repair shop is not the one you bought from, you have to drive to another location with different manager to have it fixed. I went to the repair center and not impressed with how things run and setup, and it takes long time to order parts plus how long it will take to fix you mower is another wait.
  5. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have the 52 fixed deck with the 19 Kaw, had it for over 3 yrs now with no major problems. And yes whats MTR says is true, they dont stock parts much and they are slow at repairs, god I know best.
  6. xi_bowhunter

xi_bowhunter LawnSite Member

I have a 52 Hydro and love it. I do have a question for the rest of you. Sometimes when I try to take off it will not move and then will take off. What is the problem and solution?
  7. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I kind of have that problem too ,im not sure what it is.
  8. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 54" float deck hydro with 19hp kawi. Great mower, cuts awesome, stripes great and very reliable. The deck on the 54" is the same deck that is on the Z-two, so it is built like a tank. Right now I believe Lesco has a sale on the 52" fixed deck hydro @ $3899.00 and the 54" float deck hydro @ $3899.00. Same money, I would go with the 54". Get a accellerator bagger for it and a decent sulky and I promise you will have one nice, versitile mowing set up. Just keep a 32' or 36" on hand for gated areas.
  9. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Very cool. I was thinking that the machine would really make a difference. I currently have:

36" metro
    48" Cub Cadet ZTR
    33" Wide Cut
    21" I have a couple of these

I feel that the 52"/ 54" will help cut down on cut time.
  10. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, very productive machine. The deck has adjustments to set it on float or fixed. So you can have the best of both world if you like. I bought mine when they first came out in spring 2004. I did not like the idea of buying the first model year because sometimes they need to work the bugs out, but I took a chance and am glad I did. When the deck gets wider than 48" I feel it has to be a float deck or you get alot of gouging on uneven lawns. Good luck with whatever you choose. Mike